"Chronicles of a Cantankerous Co-worker" is my personal way of dealing with the Bullshit Office Politics, Unbelievable Employer Favoritism and Overall Stupidity of certain co-workers that I encounter on a daily basis when I'm at "The Day Job".
I call it "The Day Job" because it's nothing more to me than just a place I go to during the weekdays from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm that keeps me from the things I enjoy doing more in life.
Some of the reasons why I stay at "The Day Job" is that it supports my share of the lifestyle that I'm accommodated to, as well as being less than 5 miles away from home and being able to purchase merchandise at a discounted rate not available to the general public.
These Chronicles are my actual accounts of events that have taken place during my employment at "The Day Job" either by my own recollections or by email exchanges I've been apart of and have re-posted here for your amusement or social commentary.
To protect the identities of all the co-workers I come in contact with, who may be in some way involved in these Chronicles, I will only use their employee appointed nicknames or job titles if no nickname is available.
I will also replace the actual business name with "The Day Job" wherever need be; everything else is open game.
To better help you understand who the players are in this cubicle cohabitation I should start off by identifying the people that correspond with their nicknames or job title.
The CEO (Dr. Ice)
The CFO (The Nut)
The Sales Floor Manager
The Product Managers aptly nicknamed: Huckleberry Hound and Quick Draw McGraw
Product Managers Assistant Jay-Gag (this is were most of the "entertainment" comes from.)
Then of course there's me... The Voice
Should any others need introduction I will deal with that when the time permits.
Here's the first of many samples to come taken from an email just a few days ago:
Product numbers CMK-003 and CMK-005 are officially discontinued.
The skus are still active; should these be removed from the system?
~The Voice
Dr. Ice, Huckleberry and I have a plan for this and the other cables.
Hang tight these should be handled within a couple days.
-Jay-Gag
Ok, does that mean you will contact the sales reps to let them know these are discontinued if we end up taking on back orders since these have not been removed from the system yet?
~The Voice
No, lets not over think this, and we shall cross that road when we get to it.
Huckleberry, do you agree?
There's nothing to over think here Jay-Gag.
I'm trying to plan ahead in order to minimize the extra unnecessary work in the future.
I'm concerned this will not get handled in a timely manner and get put on the back burner as many thing have before when they are not considered a big enough issue. Before you know it we'll have 10 or more back orders and have do extra work to move clients into the new version or a replacement.
If you are going to take care of this then I say you can handle it all; including contacting the sales reps when we take on back orders for these skus.
We had been selling 10-20 units a month of the CMK-005 sku and now we don't have any in stock.
The CMK-003 is not as big of a mover compared to the 005.
~The Voice
I said Dr. Ice was involved and we will handle it as soon as we can. You over dramatize everything!
This is not my project to begin with I'm just helping out, let me repeat I'm helping YOU out! "And not sweeping under the rug"
If we all work as a team and do our parts this will work smoothly, so take a deep breath and relax.
Love,
~Jay-Gag
Some help you are Jay-Gag; it's like having a rusty nail driven through my scrotum or a blazing hot poker shoved in my pee hole whenever to come to the rescue with your kind of "help".
OVER DRAMATIZE EVERYTHING!!! What do you mean by that?!?!
Fine, whatever...
No comments:
Post a Comment