Thursday, October 7, 2010

“Allow Me To Retort" Dr. Ice Responds

So it only took a day for the "Ice Man" to respond in regards to the scathing email sent to all the employees recently.
As you can imagine the response is typical of a CEO on the defensive.

Dear Fellow EMPLOYEES -

As some of you know, a letter was sent to people within the company that painted an unflattering picture of the company and some of its employees including me.
It certainly made me sad when I read it as I do not feel it fairly characterizes the hard work and effort that most people within the company put fourth.
I pride myself on being an open manager, meaning my door is open 90% of the time, my phone extension is listed on the directory, my email is published, etc.
I am generally easily accessible (to both customers and employees) and have had the opportunity on many occasions to listen to concerns and ideas from employees in all departments of the company.
In many cases I have been able to make changes or help create better understandings between people or situations.
Helping fellow employees, helping improve processes and working to make COMPANY a better place is, and has always been a priority to me.
Every person (including all management) who works in this company has made financial sacrifices and most have stepped up with increased responsibilities – to all, I say thank you.
Again, please remember that I am available for employees to discuss their concerns.
If you would like to sit down to talk about an issue, please call me or email me so we can schedule a time that allows your concerns to be heard.

Dr. Ice

No comments:

Post a Comment